Thursday, September 9, 2010

Grandpa Ouchy

My Grandpa Ouchy passed away last Sunday so we spent several days in Clay Center over Labor Day weekend. He lived 97 good years, didn't fight any illnesses and everyone got a chance to see him at the hospital so it was as good a passing as one could have. My cousin Cassie and her family from Denver were back and her little boy Ethan is 8 months older than Ryan. They had a fun time playing together and Ethan is such a good talker we hope that Ryan learned how great it can be to "use your words." The stairs at my mom's house are shorter and there's a place to hold onto so he became very independent at going up and down them by himself. He loved climbing up the slide and going back down and did agreat job; not falling once. There was tons of food which we all enjoyed, and I think he ate his weight in grapes.

Callie went with us, too and got tons of attention, especially from my Uncle Doug, Aunt Mary, and the kiddos of course. My niece Olivia and nephew Jack even taught her how to jump over obstacles on a course.

To answer a good question from Ann, this is Grandpa Ouchy got his name. When my sister was learning to talk my grandma had a broken leg so she called her Grandma Ouchy. By default, he became Grandpa Ouchy and since Michelle is the oldest of the grandkids that's what we all called the two of them.

Peek-a-boo


Playing with my cousin Cassie's son, Ethan


This slide provided hours of fun for the little boys



Callie and Ryan with cousins Olivia and Jack

Ryan was the happiest we've ever seen him
when Jack and Olivia arrived and started playing with him

2 comments:

  1. just curious, how did he get the name "grandpa ouchy" ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my sister was learning to talk my grandma had a broken leg so she called her Grandma Ouchy. By default, he became Grandpa Ouchy and since Michelle's the oldest of the grandkids that's what we all called them.

    ReplyDelete